Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Monday, December 2, 2013

Hope

Hola everyone!
First off I am so jealous that all of you got to have Thanksgiving! I love you all and I hope you had a great holiday! I honestly had forgotten it was Thanksgiving. We had a district meeting and another gringo girl came up to me and shouted Happy Thanksgiving! And I realized I had no idea it was even Thanksgiving. haha sad.
Wow. Anyway this week has been great. I have really felt the Lord's love this week. If there is one word to describe this week it is hope. I think I have really realized the meaning of hope. Hope comes with faith. You can say that you have faith in something, but do you also have the hope that the Lord will make it happen. I have realized this is so important in our lives. God has given us His gospel. We have a knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. First, is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Second, repentance of all of our sins. Third, is baptism by immersion for the remission of sins. With the proper authority. Fourth, is receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and the fifth is enduring to the end. Enduring to the end is where hope comes in. While we follow every commandment of God we have to have hope in the Lord that we may one day be able to return to him and live in his glory. How amazing this is to me. I am so grateful for the Lord. I know that I have hope and faith in every one of my investigators and that if I didn´t have this hope they wouldn´t progress. God is so good and I am so grateful to be a part of this church. I know without a doubt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the only true church of God and we cannot return to him without following the teachings of His gospel.
I can promise you that what I am doing right now is far better than any other thing I could be doing with my life. It is also the most challenging. Emotionally it is so much to handle. Nobody told me about all of the heart break in the mission field. My heart breaks on average once a week. I had no idea how real Satan is. I also know that there is no such thing as coincidence. Everything is inspired by our Heavenly Father. I know that I am here with Hermana Espiritu in Cuenca in the Guayaquil South Mission by inspiration. Wow! what a great God we have.
 
 Anyway I gotta go now, but I love you more than anything and I sure hope you have a great week! I pray for you guys every day and I miss you tons and wish you an amazing week!! 
 

Con mucho amor!
Hermana Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment