Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

VIVA Ecuador!!!

Hola!!

A whole pig and two guinea pigs for sale
 

A beautiful rainbow just before a huge rainstorm


 
Wow sounds like you all had a super crazy week!! I know that I sure did as well. I feel like this week just flew by! Mom I absolutely loved all of the pictures!! You sent so many! I loved it! I also loved the videos! Neil you are a rock star on the piano! I showed my companion the video of you playing the piano and she was amazed!! In Ecuador and Peru, where Hermana Espíritu is from piano's are way too expensive and too big for the houses here. The Zhizhpon family that I have been teaching while being here is Cuenca doesn't have a room in their house that could fit a piano. One room has one bunk bed in it and can't fit anything else. You can't even close the door to their room. They just took the door right off the hinges. It is crazy. So be grateful that you have the opportunity to play the piano! In fact we don't even have a piano in our church building. They sing their hymns for sacrament meeting along to a CD of a flute playing the hymn. haha crazy! But this Sunday I lead the music for sacrament, it reminded me of my time leading the music in the 3rd ward.
I am so jealous that you all got to carve pumpkins! It doesn't even feel like October here. I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by here! I don't believe it is almost November. It is going to be weird not celebrating Thanksgiving. You better feed those missionaries good for me! The other day I was having lunch at the Stake president's home and his wife asked me to describe what "viernes negro" was like and it took me forever to realize what she was talking about haha! But she was talking about Black Friday and all I could do was laugh because to the people here it must seem insane. But I love watching people's expressions when I explain things that happen in the United States. haha!
Danielle, you looked so so so so pretty for homecoming! I wish I could have been there. Your dress was so pretty! Purple is a good color for you! I hope Sam was a good date! Mom also told me about All State! I am so proud that you got called back! That is a huge accomplishment in itself. Wow! I really hated All State auditions. But you learn a ton and I am sure you have improved a ton! Just remember it is just one judges opinion and it means nothing.
This week has been so crazy busy! Holy cow I can't even begin to explain how busy I have been. Pretty much everyone has been not following through on their commitments. It just breaks my heart. I hadn't realized one of the hardest parts of being a missionary was the heart ache for those whom you come to love and teach and they choose not to follow Christ in their lives. It just kills me. I know last week I mentioned Darío and Claudia were getting baptized this week well Darío decided that he wasn't ready. He just can't get past the idea that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. He refuses to pray and gain a testimony for himself of it. It just breaks my heart! But Claudia was baptized this Saturday and it was so amazing. Man I just love her so much. It is only her and her sister Luz in the gospel and she is just going to be an amazing member.

 
We have been teaching the Zhizhpon family for the past couple weeks and the two oldest boys in the family moved their baptism up to this past Saturday with Claudia as well.
 
 
 
 
 
Adrés is 14 and Luis Eduado is 11. They are just too great. I love their family. Their Dad is Luis and their mom is Rossío. They have twin boys Juan Pablo and Paul and one little sister Monica. Teaching at their house is crazy. The twins are bouncing off the wall the entire time haha! But they are all so sweet. Rossío refuses to attend church because she has her own religion and it just kills me. I think with time she will warm up to it. Luis and the twins are getting baptized this next Saturday. The twins are both 8. I am so excited for them all to be baptized. Luis is the must kind and humble person I have ever met. They own a little bread shop in their house and it is just so cute. That is how we found them. We bought bread and milk from them late one night.
 
 
The only way you can prepare to serve a mission is to know the word of God! I have a chapter in the Book of Mormon for you to use! In fact I have used this a lot with Claudia this week. 2 Nephi 32. Especially in verse three it says that angels speak by the power of the holy ghost and speak the words of Christ. The only way that the Holy Ghost can guide you to know what to say is if you know the words of Christ first.
I have so much more I want to say but this week I want you all to read page 120 in Preach my Gospel about Humility. This pretty much sums up my week. Christ was the ultimate example of Humility and we are so lucky to have him. Read Matthew 26:39 and use this example in your own life. I love you all more than anything in the world and I sure hope you are all doing well. Oh and Happy Halloween!
Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment