Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Where the spirit presides with the people the Lord God is among them





Goodbye Mexico! Hello Ecuador!
 
Luckily they have given me an opportunity to write you all today. I know this is probably throwing you all off because it is Monday haha :) Holy Cow! I was so homesick this week. I cannot imagine what my life would be without you guys.
Dad sorry to hear about the problems with the Government! That is crazy. So many people received emails about it and were totally freaking out. I feel like I know nothing about the world or the United States any more. Weird. and it has only been one month! Wow time sure has blown by here.
I found out that the Guayaquil temple is not in my district of my mission so I may not be able to attend for the next 17 months. So you better believe that I will want to go when I get back! So many things have been taught to me here. I love the CCM more than I ever thought possible.
I leave the CCM in approximately one hour for Ecuador! Holy CRAP! I am so so so so so scared. I could throw up. I haven't eaten anything today because I feel like I am gonna be sick just thinking about it. Today I said goodbye to the two most inspirational guys I have ever met and I lost it. Elder Fisher and Crotzer are the most inspiring Elders/young men I have ever met. They showed me how to be a righteous servant of the Lord. So amazing.
I am so sorry that I am not able to call, but if you guys get this in time I sure hope you keep me in your prayers. I am so nervous for this flight. Spanish is going to get me good haha. 
Hermana Dillman, Elder Henrie, Crotzer, Fisher, and I
But I want to share my most spiritual experience of the week. After talking with Elder Fisher about my worries for my mission and hearing all of his after conference, he asked if I would like a blessing and I decided I would like one for comfort. Elder Crotzer said the blessing for me and I truly felt as though it was God speaking to me. We all are so close with the spirit and I love it. I don´t ever want these feelings to leave me. I don´t think I had ever felt the love of the Lord as much as I had in that room. Where the spirit presides with the people the Lord God is among them. I know this to be true. God is just so good.
Another really amazing spiritual experience of the week is a testament that God listens to our prayers and answers them through the words of the prophets in the words of scripture. This week I have been really worried about my new change and I got down on my knees and prayed to the Lord for an answer to the concern in my heart and what it is that I need to focus on in my life. I felt inspired that day to turn to the 16th chapter of Matthew and I read about the faith of the apostles of Christ and felt prompted that I needed to strengthen my faith, but then my next question was HOW? so I looked in the Bible dictionary. It states "Miracles do not produce faith, but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ; in other words faith comes by righteousness." Once again God is too good and provides an answer. The words of Christ are so powerful and I have been reading the new testament this week and it has strengthened me in many ways. At the beginning of my time in the CCM I chose to make a goal of starting and finishing the book of Mormon in my stay here and I just finished two days ago and the spirit was so strong the last verses of Moroni. I know with all of my heart and soul that the Book Of Mormon is true. If any of you want to know this for yourselves I challenge you to read it for yourself. I know that it is another testament of Jesus Christ and it is true! I hope that you can come closer to Christ as I am.
 

I love you all so much,
 
Hermana Pack
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment