Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Monday, October 14, 2013

HOLA FROM ECUADOR!!




HOLA FROM ECUADOR!! 
The view out our front window

This place is amazing and overwhelming all at the same time. I love my companion more than the world. She has more humility than I have ever had in my entire body. She is also soooo persistent with the investigators sometimes I cannot help but laugh. She kills me. 




My companion and I




We eat rice and beans every day for lunch. EVERY DAY. Just in case you were wondering haha. But I can make a pretty mean omelet in the morning too. In the house we live in there are two other sisters and we literally live with the law of consecration. We share absolutely everything. It actually is really nice. Luckily one of the other sisters is from the US and speaks English. She has been able to show me how to get everything to work.
My favorite food is grown here
in Ecuador, bananas!

 

But I would like you all to thank God right now that you have warm water in your homes. I am dying because we have no hot water. I hate showering. It is the coldest experience of my life. The first time I didn't even wash all the soap out because I didn't want to get my back wet. SO COLD. You also may be wondering about how my laundry gets done, well I wash it by hand of course haha. It is a great time. Life here is so good. I just love it. I thank Heavenly Father every day for the companion I received. She is so amazing! Wow just so inspiring.
 


Our laundry room
Dad I almost forgot HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! YAY!!!! I hope it was the best!! Sorry I missed it! Your cake looked delicious!
 
I am in Cuenca the coldest place in the entire mission. Good thing I didn't bring a single coat and only two cardigans. Yay. I have never ever ever been so cold in my life!

 
 
But we have a ton of people to teach. They are all just so amazing. Yesterday we taught 5 adults and 4 children in a room about the size of 2/3 of my bathroom. Yep it was nice and tight and cozy haha. But let me tell  you I have never felt the spirit so strongly. The little girl named Genesis said the closing prayer and I just cried. It was so powerful. I didn't get to contribute much due to my Spanish but I was able to testify of the love of our Father in Heaven and it was amazing. Spanish will come with time. I am doing a great job of understanding. I just can't speak. The first couple days were rough but it has gotten much better. I cannot wait till I am able to communicate better. A lot of the people cannot believe the things I have experienced. Everything is so cheap here too. We rode in a taxi for about 30 minutes and only had to pay 3 dollars. WOW. So cheap.
 

I am finally used to people staring. They constantly stare at me and some of its a little creepy, like I am a foreign object it is kinda comical really. 

Anyway I love you all and I hope all is well! Mom and Dad I am so grateful for both of you! You mean the world to me and I am so grateful for the examples you have set for me in the gospel. God is just so good!

 
Mucho amor!
Hermana Pack

 

No comments:

Post a Comment