Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Con salsa!!"

Hola Everyone!
Seriously God is so good! This week has been such an eye opening week.
It started off with a good discussion with my district on last Tuesday night.
Whole district plus our teacher Hermana Christensen
at the Mexico city temple.
We talked about how our time here on missions is not for ourselves and that we only had two weeks to prepare for leaving for our missions. We realized that this is not our time but the Lord's. So we decided to make some really worth while goals as a district. Our two main focuses were diligence and obedience. When our day is to start at 6:30 every morning then that means we are out of our beds by 6:30am. This also means that when we are to be in the classroom studying we are to truly be studying and not goofing around or talking. It really was amazing to me how much we all were willing to change. But I would have to say the most difficult goal of the week was that as a district we are to speak only Spanish in the day. The only time we are allowed not to speak Spanish is in our houses and at the gym. This actually was pretty cool at first and we had some fun with it. But as the week went on I was getting super exhausted and frustrated that it was sometimes so hard to understand. I mean all of us are at really different levels of Spanish. Especially in my companionship. I am a lot further along in Spanish than my companion and it has been kind of difficult to communicate. But what has been something really great about it is that I have learned SO MUCH. And in exactly one week from today I will be in Ecuador completely immersed in Spanish! Let me just tell you that I am going to be overwhelmed. 
All Sisters in my district and our teacher Hermana Christensen

 
So this week I read a general conference talk by Ezra Taft Benson. It was given a while ago and it was titled "Beware of Pride" It is one of the most inspiring documents I have ever read. I advise all of you to read it and see where you stand with pride in your own life. Find it on the www.lds.org website. Or
I have two really great stories to tell everyone about teaching this week. Haha just thinking about them makes me laugh. So the first was during a teaching experience with a 13 year old boy named Aaron from Mexico City. He is a member of the Church and we were to practice teaching about the Book of Mormon with him. Anyway we walked in and started getting to know him, but every time that we asked him a question he would answer extremely quietly. I probably asked him to repeat every answer at least three times. Poor kid. Anyway I am pretty sure he was scared to death of us. Then we asked him to pray and he prayed so quietly that we missed when he said amen. and so we just kept sitting there with our arms folded and eyes closed until he came over and tapped us on the shoulders and said he was done. Yep. Awkward. Then the second story was two days ago. We were just meeting with our new investigator and his name is Ulises and he had just told us that he had already met the missionaries before and then my companion wanted to ask "Oh how did you like the missionaries?" But instead she asked "How do you like your missionaries?" Not only did I laugh but Ulises laughed as well and answered "Con salsa!!" Which means with salsa! Haha I died. The best part was that Hermana Dillman had no idea what was going on haha. Man too great. Anyway life in the Spanish world is getting fun haha.
 
Crazy to think that I am going to be leaving this beautiful place in a week. I would love to come back and see the CCM. But as for Mexico City as a whole it is too busy of a city for me. Driving here would be the worst! I couldn´t handle it! Anyway, I was able to go to the Mexico City temple again today and I realized while sitting inside that I feel all of the prayers that are said for me. I love you all so much and I am so grateful to know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who understands everything that happens to me in this life. I couldn´t imagine it any other way. Thank you all for your prayers and I am thinking of you as well!
Just remember we always have God on our side standing there for us for protection and guidance!
Con Amor,
Hermana Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment