Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hola! Como esta?

 

Danielle and Ben (UHS Alice in Wonderland performance)
Hola!!
The play looked great!! I am so sad that I missed it! All of your costumes looked so so so great! Danielle your hair was SWEET! I wish I had gotten to wear a wig during one of the plays!
Ben I am sure you were a little rock star on the stage. Dad said that your part was funny I am sure you both were awesome!
Neil and Mike!! You guys had sweet costumes!! I am totally jealous that you got to celebrate Halloween. They celebrate Halloween here but don´t go trick or treating. I saw a total of one Halloween costume. It totally made me sad. You guys got lucky with all of that candy!!! Holy crap!! Jealous!! The chocolate here isn´t as good as the stuff at home. But the stuff they had in Mexico was heaven. In fact I have been pretty sick the this last month (mom don´t worry the mission president is a doctor and knows what he is doing.) But I am not allowed to eat anything with caffeine in it including chocolate wahhhh!!! I miss it haha.
Chocolate covered bananas! Yummy!

 
Dad, I don´t think the Towncar would make it to Ecuador. Too many hills to Cuenca. The brakes would probably catch fire hahaha!! But really I am up in the sky. Sometimes clouds will pass through the town. So basically I am in the sky and in the clouds. Oh and no we don´t observe daylight savings. So now we aren´t in the same time zone sad!!
Mom, I withdrew some cash from my account. We literally ran out of money today and had a total of 4 cents and needed 50 cents to get to the stake center for a meeting. It was a rough day. But it is great because God sure does know how to provide. We only had eggs for the week, but somehow people knew our need and we were given a ton. God is just so good. It reminded me of Matthew 6:25-34, God will provide for those who are righteous!! I can buy pretty much anything I need here. I am so lucky to have a Latino companion though because she knows when a person is cheating us out of our money and she calls them out on it. Especially taxis. It´s like they see a white girl and think oh okay charge her two dollars more than I would any other person. Yeah. uh no. But I can get anything I need. Also, if I don´t know what a food is, my companion makes the meals and is teaching me how to make food with things that I have no clue what they are. haha! But it is all good.
 
I wish I had a picture of my legs. I look like I broke out in hives because of the fleas that we have in our apartment. YUCK. But I think we are going to bomb our house with a flea bomb to get rid of them.
 

 This week was crazy hard to be a missionary in Cuenca because it was the weekend of the fiestas of Cuenca and let me tell you the crazies were out. Holy cow. I saw so many people passed out on the ground. Crazy Crazy Crazy. But it sure was hard being a missionary in my area because everyone was only there for the fiesta and definitely not interested in going to church with us this Sunday. In fact it was hard getting some of the recent converts to come. Ugh. But we did have three baptisms. Luis and his twins. They are so great! Now we just have to work on his wife.:)

 
Anyway, I love you all and GOD IS SO SO SO GOOD. The people are amazing here and I am beyond happy.



 













Con mucho amor,
Hermana Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment