Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Saturday, January 24, 2015

But little did I know, here in Guayaquil, it rains a freaking TON!!



Hola!                                                                                                                                                     January 19, 2015
Well this week has been great!!! I am loving Guayaquil. Seriously this place is so different than all of my other sectors of my mission. I really do like it. I feel blessed to be here. But Hermana Butler and I are having a good time. ha-ha She doesn´t know a whole ton of Spanish yet but it gets interesting ha-ha. She is a great missionary. I feel like I can overwhelm her sometimes ha-ha. Poor thing ha-ha. But yeah this week has been hot. 
Guayaquil, as usual, has been dang hot. But luckily we are now in the transitional period of the rainy season. But little did I know, here in Guayaquil, it rains a freaking TON!! And it is like a raining downpour. Ha-ha it is great. But it was bad the other day and we didn´t have umbrellas with us and our shoes were soaked!! The streets were FILLED with water. Like above my ankles. It was a  ton of water and I promise you that it is not clean water ha-ha. But it´s a good time. We also saw a huge tree fall down this week and fall right on top of a car. It was crazy insane!!
But yeah this week we have been teaching Joel a guy who is 18 and his family and his little sister and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to teach him. He is such a great kid. His baptism will be this February. I cannot wait!! He is progressing really well. I love visiting him and his family. I love his mom and dad as well. We haven´t quite gotten his parents to church yet but I think this next week will be our opportunity. So if you guys could pray for the Sancán family that would be really cool. I just love them all so much.
I love teaching with my companion she cracks me up. It kills me when the people talk about her and she has noooo idea what they are saying. Man what I would do to see a video of my first couple weeks ha-ha. But it´s a good time. I feel like she knows even less Spanish than what I knew when I got here..... hahahaha it cracks me up. But I love her. It amazes me in the mission you can grow to love people only when you know them for just a little bit. It is crazy stuff. I would also love it if you guys could pray for my companion so that she can have the gift of tongues so that she may learn this language as soon as possible. 
This gospel is so great. Yesterday we had a great family home evening with a recent convert and his wife who isn´t a member and we watched a video about the life of Christ and it was really great. It amazes me how much the Lord loves every one of us. I can´t imagine anyone loving me so much that they would die for me. But yet I want that kind of love for others. I guess that is what charity is. I think my mission has really helped me come to understand what charity is. The pure love of Christ. Wow he loves us. I can´t even imagine how much he actually loves us. But this last week I gave a talk in sacrament and I couldn´t hardly talk when I began to talk about the love of which he has for us because there has been so many times in the last 20 years that I have felt his arms around me and felt this love. And that is why I am on this mission. There is no other greater thing in this world than the love of our Savior. And my plan for my life is to develop this love and this attribute.
Anyway this week was good. I feel happy and I couldn´t be any happier. 
Love you all tons!
Hermana Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment