Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy 4th of July this week!

Romel Chiliquinga with his friend Luis Olivos who baptized him!
June 23, 2014
Hola,

So we didn´t have time to leave early to print and I had to read and type at the same time and it got a little rough. And now I am a little short on time but this past week was super super good.
I am still in Santa Rosa with Hermana Roncal. And I love it here. It has been a really good time. I love this branch. The members are super smart and helpful. We had the baptism of Romel Chiliquinga this last week and it went really well. He was really prepared for baptism. He has been going to seminary with is friends and brother who is a member for the past month. (He first started going for the girls hahaha:). But now has a testimony) It really is cool to see how the Lord puts people in our paths, who are really prepared to live the gospel and hear about Christ. He was definitely one.
Romel and his friends in seminary. :)

This past week has been one to test our ability and work ethic. We have been working hard with getting the members to go out with us. Mom and Dad, I hope the missionaries never have this problem in our ward with you guys. They need your help. How awesome that you now have the AP´s in your ward. That just means that you guys have to work that much harder because they do a TON for the mission. Our AP´s are some of the most brilliant guys I know. They both at one point were my zone leaders.
Man I love this mission! SO many great things happen all the time. This past week I have been reading in Alma and I just want you to know that Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah are my idols and I just love reading about their mission experience. When times get going hard I can always think well at least my mission isn´t like Aaron or Alma...... Hahahaha always a comforting thought. Anway I love you all so much and I hope you all are reading your scriptures and you guys should read the stories about Alma and his mission :) Give you a nice little perspective on the mission life!!
Ben I am proud of you having a job!! Brilliant kid. Save all the money for the mission :) It is the best decision you will ever make :)
Danielle I cannot freaking believe you are in Germany during the World Cup! CRAZY!
This week plays Ecuador on Wednesdays and we all received permission from the president to watch it what???? This last week when Ecuador won we all got sent home to our houses because Ecuador got crazy  and our mission president sent us home for our safety. People sure love their futbol..... haha
Love you all tons!
Hermana Pack

The granola that we seriously eat like candy:):) with Hermana Foster and Roncal
June 30, 2014
Hola Familia!
Well life is so good and looks like it is super good for all of you as well. I cannot believe that dad is in Japan I am in Ecuador Danielle is in Germany and Mom and the boys are in the US. CRAZY STUFF. hahaha but really how crazy is that??? Crazy how life is. I hope you all are having a great time. Dad hope you get to go out and see some cool sites. Danielle take a TON of photos because it will be a trip of a lifetime. Man I love Germany I would love to go back. It is also super special that you get to be there for the World Cup... Crazy I can imagine that Germany is just as hyper about it as Ecuador was. Ecuador sure has chilled out since we lost and aren´t in the running anymore. But the US still is fighting strong!
Happy 4th of July this week. I am so so so so sad I won´t get to be there for it. I bet it will be pretty lame here. Just another average day. 4th of July is probably one of my absolute favorite times of the year. Sad day.... But eh life here is pretty good. :)

We have been working hard with the family of the last baptism we had with Romel and his family. His uncle lives with him and his name is Javier. He has been quite the character and it has been great to be a part of the change he is making in his life. He is going to be baptized this Sunday in the morning before church because he has to work all throughout the week and won´t be able to be baptized Saturday. Crazy stuff. But he is so ready. We also for the past month have been working with his sister Melany. She had the discussions and was taught a while back by the Elders and read the book of Mormon to 3rd Nephi and never felt that she got an answer to her prayers and had no clue if the church was true or not and this last week we finally got her to come to church and after the classes we asked her how she felt and how she felt towards baptism now, and she turned to us and said, "It is crazy. I know this church to really be true!"
I wanted to cry. I just thought of how if those Elders who had been teaching her before would be so happy to see that she finally got her answer. God works in his own time. Every person has their own time and a plan that God has in store for them. God knew that Melany wasn´t ready before, but that now she is prepared and we just happen to be called to this sector right now to be a part of it.

Man the church is just so true. So many miracles every day. I love this gospel. I know it to be the only true gospel of Jesus Christ. I hope all can come to this knowledge. I love being here in Ecuador. Yes I am sad to be in Ecuador for the 4th but there really is no other place I would want to be.

Mom and Dad I just want to thank you so much for your example to me and all that you have done for me. Thank you. Keep being the best parents for all of us. Love ya tons.

Until next week,
Hermana Pack
My zone :) Santa Rosa Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment