Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Friday, June 20, 2014

In Ecuador the World Cup is HUGE! Hahahaha!

Dear Mom,
 I wanted to take a lot pictures and send you pictures for your birthday but yeah..... that didn´t happen. Lack of cameras down here. But luckily someone had a camera for me to take pictures of the baptism this week.
I hope you had an amazing birthday!! I was thinking of you a lot! I miss you tons and hope you had an amazing day. You mean the world to me and there is nobody else that I respect more. I want you to know that I am the person that I am because of you. You are a the best mother in the entire world and I want to one day be as amazing as you are.
There are a lot of things I have grown to really appreciate while being on a mission and you and Dad are definitely one of them. Your examples have been something for me to strive for in my life. I can´t imagine being anywhere else and I know you are a huge part as to why I am here. I just remember the many times you had said that if you had the opportunity to go on a mission you would have done it in a heartbeat. At the time I thought, "Gosh she doesn´t even understand what kind of decision this is." But, now at this time I am grateful for the pressure. Every person needs to serve a mission male or female. There is just something about serving a mission that makes you appreciate the church and the gospel so much more. Thank you.
I hope you had the best birthday ever, and I am sorry that I wasn´t there to celebrate it with you. Don´t worry, there will be next year :)
 
Everyone,
So I would just like you to all know that the world cup is going on. Hahahaha! I am sure, Dad, you probably knew that, but other than that it isn´t a huge thing in the U.S. But I can promise you that it is huge here. H.U.G.E. haha! Ecuador played Sunday of course, on the Sabbath. It was such a challenge to get everyone to church. People really love their soccer here. It is crazy to me how much they love it. hahaha!
But this past Saturday we had two baptisms of Yulecxi and Yamilet. They are cousins and their brothers were baptized the year before. I just love these girls with all of my heart. They truly are two amazing girls. They have so much faith and such a desire to follow Christ. It was cool to see their knowledge of Christ change. They honestly had no idea who Christ was at first. But their knowledge sure changed and their love of the Book of Mormon surely grew. They were also able to go to the temple on the ward temple trip. But they weren´t able to enter because they hadn´t been confirmed yet but it was definitely a great experience for them. This week we have a baptism for Rommel Chiliquinga. 
Sorry everything is always so short. Time here just blows by. I love you all so much. Remember to always say your prayers and read your scriptures. God blesses those who are obedient. :) Love you all tons from the pretty little city of Santa Rosa.
Love,
Hermana Pack :)



No comments:

Post a Comment