Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Feliz Día del Padre!!

Just some typical P day shopping hahahaha!
That day when we ate with a monkey....Just chillin on the back of my chair!!
Hey everyone!
SO first I wanna give a good shout out to dad for Fathers Day of which I am going to miss. Sorry I am going to miss it. I bet it is going to be amazing. If I were home I would buy you a nice big bag of Peanut M&Ms hahahaha!! So I guess you will just have to wait and I´ll bring home some yummy stuff from Ecuador. But Dad I want you to know how much I appreciate you. You really mean the world to me. I don´t know what I would do without you. I have learned so many important life skills from you and I am so grateful to have been blessed to receive you as my father. There isn´t any other better dad out there for me. I want you to know you have had a huge influence in my life and I am so grateful for all of the sacrifices you have made for me and for my siblings. Thank you so much and I hope you have an amazing Fathers Day!

I just love reading all about your lives. I am glad to hear all is well. I miss you guys tons and I am glad to hear all is well.
Just a great scenic view of Santa Rosa

Ecuador and Peru!!!
This last week I got transferred. I am now with my new companion Hermana Roncal from Lima, Peru. She is super super brilliant and has been such a blessing to have. We both work super differently but it is really cool to see us just fill in the spots where we lack.
I was super sad to get separated from Hermana Mann. She was amazing and meant a lot to me and still does. But she is still in Lilian Maria and I'm sure she's being super successful. My new sector is in Santa Rosa. It is really close to Machala where I was just at but it is a lot smaller. But my sector is just as large. It is a branch. Santa Rosa 3.
Hermano Martin with his two boys Junior and Oliver. I just love how happy they actually look!
  It isn´t a stake yet it is still a district. But something President Torres has really focused on is how he wants to strengthen the wards and branches. We all have a goal as members and missionaries to have 300 people regularly attending church and at least 25 active priesthood holders who pay tithing. This is a huge goal. This last week we had 143 people in our branch. The biggest thing is active tithe paying priesthood holders. It really blows my mind how much work there is to do here in the work of the Lord. He has so many plans for all of us.

This last week as Hermana Leader I was asked to go on exchanges with another set of Hermanas and it was super crazy. I loved it. It gives me time to meet their investigators and to see how they are doing and how their program is. It was a good opportunity for me. I have learned so much already about training from my companion. She has just a couple more weeks than me in the mission and I am so grateful for her. One day I seriously wanna go to Lima. It is crazy how many missionaries are here from Peru in this mission. SO MANY. Wayyyyy more than Utah haha! Peru is like the Utah of South America.

Anyway this last week I was lucky to be here for the baptism of Martin Narveaz. It was so cool to see his baptism. He was so excited to receive the Holy Ghost. It was adorable to see. I love seeing people excited to change their lives. His sons were baptized one year ago and at that time he had some problems with some of the commandments but he's now ready to be baptized. It was so cool to be there for it.
Right now we have a ton of investigators. I love it. I am so grateful to be here in Santa Rosa. Everyone has always talked about how awesome Machala and Santa Rosa are and now I get to be a part of it. Ahhhh! I am just so excited.
Yes this last week I hit 9 months.
Half-way! That is some crazy stuff right there. But hey everybody has got to take a 9 months picture :)
It kills me. It has passed by so quick. I hope the next 9 months go by slowly. I am not ready for it to end. I have SO SO SO much to do. I would love to have the opportunity to be here for 2 years like the boys. But the cool thing is getting to see the changing of lives.
Anyway I just want you all to know that I love you and most of all that God loves you. He wants all of you to know this and honestly that is why I am here. To preach the love of our dear Savior and Father in Heaven. I know this to be true. God sacrificed his Son to die for us out of the true love he has for us.
I miss you all and wish you the best week ever!
Love,
Hermana Pack

Hahahahaha I was dying because he literally was just chillin on my head and had just barely moved to the chair again!
PS- Oh and Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!! One day I hope to have the kind of love you guys have and for it to last as long as it has for you. Keep living strong and remember we are always given more time to become more and more closer to Christ and his loving attributes. I hope you are reading the Book of Mormon every night together. :)
Thank you for all that you guys have taught me!
Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment