Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Monday, February 10, 2014

So I may have gotten a little burned.... Yikes.

 I would love to give a huge huge huge shout out to the Tietjen Family and that I love them so much! I am so grateful for your package! I wear the necklace every day! It is so beautiful. I opened the package up after a zone meeting and the Elders nearly attacked me for the tie hahaha. But I am saving it for one of my recent converts who is now preparing to serve a mission and doesn´t own a single white shirt or tie. In fact it is rather amazing how many people here don´t have white shirts or ties for church. This past Sunday we got really nervous to see if we would have enough priesthood holders in white shirts to pass the sacrament. So we will have to see :) But thank you all so much! Best Valentine's day gift ever! It had everything I could ever need. Thank you! Thank you!
Soooo I am still waiting for the elders to call to tell us about transfers. Believe me it is killing me. I want to know so bad. Ugh. So as of right now I am still in Cuenca with Hermana Camacho. But that could literally change in one hour. So we will just have to wait and see.
Dad thanks for the advice I will study what I can. But honestly those people who fight with us just want to fight and don´t want anything else. So they are not worth my time. Oh as for the question about if people here get married more than in the states. NO. I believe it to be the same and it is really sad. The other thing is no person wants to hear from some 19 year old gringa that they should get married because I have no experience in marriage. So there is that haha. But we do have plans for a marriage this week if I am still here! So keep them in your prayers. Katia and her boyfriend Misael. They have one son and are from Peru!






So..... I may have gotten a little burned.... Yikes. Yeah it still is a little sore. Haha!












Wow!This is the baptism of Fabricio Flores.
I never thought I would see the day, but he did it. He made the best decision of his life. After 6 months of being taught by the missionaries. Holy cow. He was my very first visit of all of my mission, and has completely changed his life. I know that this gospel can change lives. Seeing him get baptized was one of the most precious moments for me. It is amazing to see people overcome addictions and problems in their lives to live the gospel of Christ. I know with all of my heart that this is the true and everlasting gospel, and that our Savior lives and he sacrificed his life for me. Every day I feel my faith grow in this gospel and I am so grateful to be a part of this wonderful work. And another really cool thing was that the mission president came to the baptism..... Wow. Such an eventful week. Fabricio literally came up to me and asked if he could be baptized this Saturday because now he feels ready. I almost cried on the spot haha. SO many nights and afternoons in his shop and in his house. I just couldn´t believe it. So much of my time has been spent with this family. I cried so hard in his baptism. He is a completely different person than who I knew when I first got here to Cuenca. But never once did I doubt that he would be baptized. He is beyond ready. His life changed drastically. For the better I promise :)

Love them all so much. His uncle Xavier was baptized before if you remember. Seriously this guy is the best. So many great times! But now we just have to get the rest of his family to commit :)
 

 This is the extremely delicious cake that the other sisters bought for the baptism! SO good :)

 
Lastly, I cannot believe I am one third of the way done! That makes me want to cry. I don´t want this time to pass by so quickly. Ahh! I feel like I still have so much to do and learn.
Mom, to answer your question about my hair. I feel like it is the shortest of my entire life. I got like 5 or 6 inches cut off. It is cut like the 90s Mary Kate and Ashley..... So needless to say, I need more time to actually appreciate it haha.
Anway, that really is a summary of my week. Love you all so much!
Love,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment