Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Monday, February 3, 2014

I got my hair cut for 4 dollars today....

 So right now we are waiting for our Cuy (guinea pig) to cook haha and we are writing in an Internet shop right now for only thirty minutes, but here is a good photo of us cooking our Cuy hahahahaha. Too good.
 But yeah today we have plans to do all the things we can! So we are writing kind of early. But also I wanted to say that I am getting my hair cut today as well :) I think I am going to be sent to the coast in the next week so I am gonna prepare myself by cutting my hair haha. Apparently this is the hottest time of the year for the coast. But Cuenca is as beautiful as ever. I have been super cold lately because of the rain but eh. Life goes on. 



I would like you to all know I got my hair cut for 4 dollars today.... Yeah never in my life has it ever been that cheap hahaha but vive Ecuador! hahahaha.

I would like to share a quick story.
Saturday was officially the hardest day of my mission. We haven´t been very successful lately and it has been really hard on our spirits. I am not sure what we need to do to change but it has been rough. But Saturday was really hard. We went out to find new investigators because we had a little down time and we found a woman who was working in a little shop. We then started off talking with her about the word of wisdom. So that was going well and then this woman showed up and was going on and on about how our bible was incorrect and just basically bible bashed and freaked out on us about the Book of Mormon. Anyway, so that happened and we went on. Then we ran into an inactive member as of 10 years and she went on and on and on about the virgin Mary. And how us Mormons don´t believe in Mary and this and that and basically we both wanted to cry afterwards because at one point she had a testimony and now doesn't want to live her covenants anymore. It was so so so so sad. Anyway we taught the plan of salvation and went on to teach a girl and her two children about the Sabbath. This was in an apartment and out comes this woman ( I swear the words she spoke were of the devil) And she went on and on and on about how the book of Mormon is of a cult and that we don´t follow the words of Christ and aren´t Christians. And eventually told us to leave and to never come back. She then left and we turned to the woman we were teaching and burst into tears. We felt so hurt and I really felt eternal sadness for her. Anyway we bore our testimonies and left. But I want to say to all of you that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and it is the one thing that really is different than any other religion and if you want to know if it is true you need to read it, and pray and ask God for yourselves. Because God speaks to us through the Holy Ghost. I know the Book of Mormon to be another testament of Jesus Christ and not of anyone else. This week was hard but I know that through all of this this Church IS true. No other religion has this book and we are so so so so  blessed to have a knowledge of it. 
I want to share this all with you in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
I love you all and I hope you are having a great week!
Love you tons!
Em
 
 
 
 
The best zone in the entire world. :)


 
Hermana Afrania Arica. Literally our mother. I have no idea what we would do without her. There have been so so so many times we have called her for advice or help. She will always have a huge spot in my heart!

 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment