Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Monday, May 5, 2014

"They know what they want but I know what they need"

Hello everyone!
My Zone MACHALA!!! Love these people.
Well this week has been a little more relaxed than the last but it as well has been pretty crazy. We finally got a fridge. Living in Machala without a fridge is practically impossible, because there is a crazy infestation of ants. They find any type of food and attack. Seriously it is nasty and crazy. But we luckily have a fridge now and our food is ant free. Life here in Machala is great. But for now in our house it is just me and my companion, no other Hermanas.
Danielle you looked so so pretty for prom!! I hope you had a lot of fun and it didn´t get too crazy haha! I hope after prom was fun too. I loved after prom. One of the better experiences of high school haha!
Mike I loved your soccer pictures. You looked like a rock star. I also heard you won your game. That is pretty awesome bud. Proud of you! And Neil I am so excited for you and Pizzazz! I know you are going to have so much fun!! Show choir is just a beginning of so many fun things. I bet you will be quite the star like Ben. Crazy to me that now the show choir legacy will be left up to the boys of the family, after Danielle graduates. I hope you guys are all studying hard to finish up this year of school strong!
Dad I can´t believe you were in San Diego this last weekend. One day I wanna see California. I think when my companion gets home from her mission I wanna go out and visit her in Cali haha! It will be a good time :)
Life in the mission is just so fun because seriously it is something different every single day. Just craziness. But Man I love it. There isn´t really anything else I would rather be doing. But being transferred to Machala was a good thing for me. There is transfers today, and if I get transferred from my companion and from Machala I will be so so so sad. But something I always remind myself is that God always always always has a plan in store and the president really is in tune to the spirit and will be able to send me wherever he is inspired. 
It is so humid and dusty here. Every day when I wash my face at the end of the day I can´t tell if my face has gotten tanner or it just is dust. I think it is a combination of the two haha! But serving here has been pretty humbling. There sure is a lot more poverty here than in Cuenca.
We have been teaching this last week a girl named Angie and she is great. But it just blows my mind how much sadness can be in the life of one 15 year old girl. She needs this gospel so much in her life. I would really appreciate it if you guys could be praying for her. I know how much she needs this in her life. Something I have learned from being with my companion is a phrase. "They know what they want but I know what they need"  It just is so true. The spirit works so diligently through us and we are able to discern their needs. Anyway it has been great the past 8 months to feel this spirit work through me. 
Something that is really cool while being here is people love gringos hahaha! This past week we have received so many free things. We were going into a shop to buy something cold to drink and we ran into 2 drunk guys and they payed for our water bottles and even payed the extra 5 cents to have it be a frozen bottle. It was sweet. Also some random guy on the street we invited to go to church gave us money on our plan of our phone to make phone calls to people. People love a couple of gringo girls haha. But the only downer is that everyone tells us we look like we are gaining weight and they always think we are 25 to 30 years old. It kills me. Yes I am fat and I look like I´m 30.... Awesome..... but no, it is good. But we are hoping to loose weight here in Lilian Maria because the lunches are a lot smaller, we sweat like nobody´s business, we walk so dang much, and I am never hungry because it is so humid and hot.
Anyway I know this to be the true gospel of Jesus Christ and that he lives. I love you all so much and I know that God loves you all even more than I do!! I miss you all like crazy and can't wait  see you this Sunday at 5 :)
Love you,
Hermana Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment