Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

We are now in a sector called Lilian Maria. It is crazy to me that I have finally left Cuenca.

Hola todos!
Well first off I am sorry that my email this morning was crazy mom. Okay I will explain everything. So this week has been one of the absolute most crazy of all my mission. Monday night we got called at 10:00 and were told that we both were transferred and we were to be in the bus station at 3 in the morning. Then we got sent together to Guayaquil. We then took all of our stuff and waited with the Assistants of the mission and they took us to the office of the mission and we had interviews with the president and then we were told we were to sing for a huge thing there in Guayaquil. One of the 70 came to the mission to talk to us all as a mission and we were to sing for him for a meeting in Guayaquil which is really really cool. His name was Elder Uceda. He is from Peru. It was amazing to hear him I learned so much. Mom a lot of which had some to do with what you said about obedience. It really is the key to the mission. The successful missionaries are those who are obedient with exactness. Those who don`t only have baptisms but have converts. The people who keep the commandments until the end. This is what I want. Yes we are one of the highest baptizing missions in the world but something that is important to remember is to have converts not only baptisms. Anyway it was super eye opening. Then we got told we were going to our sector in Machala. It was really cool because we both got transferred together. I am so happy to be with Hermana Mann. She is a really great missionary and I have learned so much from her even though I am the one training her. She has had a super rough start to her mission. Her brother got married this last weekend and then today she got called and told that her grandpa died last night. It just kinda has been one thing after another for her. I don`t know how she has been able to survive it. But she has been super strong. 
Anyway then Wednesday we got to Machala. We are now in a sector called Lilian Maria. It is an amazing sector. It is crazy to me that I have finally left Cuenca. But let me tell you it has been a rough adjustment. It is so so so so so so so HOT here. Mom you know how you hate camping in Nauvoo in August? It is like that every single day but inside houses without air conditioning. It has been a bit of an adjustment. In sacrament yesterday I thought I was gonna die. Imagine over 100 people sitting super close with about over 100 degrees plus humidity. I am not quite sure how I am gonna survive here. ha ha. But it is good. The people are amazing. We have been put in a ward where they haven`t seen Hermanas in their ward in over a year. Only Elders. When we got here we didn`t have a house to live in. We were sleeping on the floor of another sister's house in another sector and it was a little crazy for a couple of days. Anyway we have a new house and it is working out all good. The sisters in this ward are super excited to have Hermana`s and they are excited to be working with us. I am super excited as well. It is a huge huge huge sector. But I am so grateful. The Elders here have been so helpful. I am just so grateful.
We invited a 15 year old girl, who lives with her aunt who is a member, to church and she came to church on Sunday and she was great. Her name is Angie. She accepted to be baptized this 17th of May. I am so excited! I think she was super scared of the Elders before and now with Hermanas she actually sees us as friends ha ha. So that is cool. 
Something that Elder Uceda from the seventy said to us was that Hermanas have about 3 times the power of Elders. I was shocked at that statement. But since then we have heard it a ton and the Elders always remind us of it. But wow. He had so many great things to say. But his main focus really was that this work is IMPOSSIBLE without the members. The references of the members of the ward are the kind of people we need to teach and focus on. It was so great to hear directly from someone who has received words from the Prophets for us to know. I just love missionary work so much. There is just so much I love about it. I also absolutely love Ecuador. I know that it was totally inspired for me to be here. God sure had a plan. Crazy stuff. 
Anyway. I love you all tons. You mean the world to me. Sorry that all of my letters seem so short. But I tried to make a good one for this week. This is my life right now. Remember that I am always praying for you. There is no one I love more. Thank you for your support. And just think two more weeks and I`ll get to see you all over Skype!
I loved all of the photos and videos of you all. You all look adorable and sound great. I can`t believe how grown up you all are!! Crazy.

Love you tons,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment