Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Friday, May 23, 2014

I guess that is just the kind of life I am gonna live here.......haha!

Hola,
Machala Sunsets are pretty cool. I just love the Palm Tree in this one.
I really appreciated the videos this week! I love the one of "Lonesome Road". Such a good song with lots of good memories. I am sad I missed it. But I am sure there will be a good choir concert for when I get home. I´ll get home just in time to see some good show choir as well :)
Danielle I hope you like the new job. It is a pretty good job if I do say so myself. :) Give the kids a good hug for me. I love them all so much. If you see Zoe and Owen give them a kiss for me. And Grady as well and as well the twins Aubrey and Owen! Man such good times with those kids!
Mom where are all the kids graduating going to College??? Tell Madison to write me! I want to hear everything from her and Katie!!
I am also so excited to hear that you guys are going out with the missionaries. That is pretty awesome. There is nothing better than having good members come out with the missionaries to be friends with the new members/investigators.
Sorry things have been a little crazy lately, Mom, but just remember that the Lord has a plan for you and he wants the best for you but often times it feels overwhelming. Sometimes I feel like that as well. (More like every day!) Things can get really overwhelming here and I know what you mean. Sometimes the Lord just has a lot of responsibility for us an it can just get a little crazy.
This just describes our lives. If only I could express how hot the room was at this moment. haha! Air conditioning doesn´t exist in Ecuador house life.


Bus rides to our district meetings are SO long.
To go along with my last statement, I think the Lord has had just a little too much in store for me these past couple of weeks. So this week I got called to be an Hermana Leader. So that was a little surprise of the week. Usually you don´t train and be an Hermana Leader at the same time because it is kind of a lot of responsibility but I guess that is just the kind of life I am gonna live here. haha! But it is kinda cool because I will get to travel to Guayaquil a lot for meetings and stuff. But wow it has been kinda crazy to think how this all plays out.
I love it here in Machala.
This last week we had 5 people in church and we have a few people that are preparing for baptism. It is just great to see people coming unto Christ. We also have been working a ton ton ton with less actives. That is kind of a huge push that we have had lately as missionaries in this mission. The reactivation. There are just so many people that have gone inactive. A lot of returned missionaries as well. This probably kills me the most. It makes me so sad to think that a person could dedicate two years to the church and then go inactive. But I am so grateful to be a part of this great work.
I know with all of my heart that it is true and that God has a ton in store for all of us. And we can only reach this potential when we are actively engaged in this gospel, living it will all of our hearts. I love this gospel and I love seeing it change the lives of others. I know that this is the only true living gospel of Jesus Christ. And that he lives and loves us.
I love you all and I want you to know that I love you and pray for you every day. I wish you a great week.
Hermana Pack

Elder Campos and Elder Arriaga from our ward! Both of them are from Peru. Elder Arriaga goes home in one week and Elder Campos just got here 2 weeks ago.

PS-So my really great story for this week is, I was in lunch and then all of the sudden this monkey just jumped out of the kitchen and holy crap they have a pet monkey!! It was crazy!! During the prayer he was just eating off our plate and it was nuts!! Elder Arriaga has pictures and he is going send them to me next week! It was awesome! Like he literally was just hanging out on our shoulders and chairs eating our food!!! It was crazy!!
 haha love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment