Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Sunday, February 22, 2015

I don´t feel like it is real life.


Hola!                                  February 2

So I would just like you all to know that I am really sorry that I won´t get to write a lot today because I had consejo de lideres again. But it was super super inspiring. It was my last time to be a Hermana Leader in a reunion with the president and all of the hermana leaders and zone leaders. And it was rough. I cried hard. The president asked me to share my testimony. I don´t feel like it is real life. 
I am pretty sure that my plane flight is for the 27th just so you all have a heads up. If the secretary hasn´t already emailed you. But yeah it doesn´t seem real. It kinda makes me really really sad. I love this mission so much. 
Today in consejo the president shared something and it was a video from "Meet the Mormons" and I cried like a baby. It was soooo good. I love it so much. It was the part about the guy going on the mission. 
Man I don´t know. Life here is so good. I feel so inspired every day. Yesterday I was also given the chance to sing in an institute thing that the president was speaking in and it was awesome. I felt so blessed. I really realized how important my studies are and I have so much to do when I get home. haha. And something I have really realized while being on this mission is what it means to be a disciple of Christ. 
Wow it is so great. I know that our Savior loves us so much.
Anyway this week we have a baptism and I am so excited!!!
Love,
Hermana Pack
It was her first baptism!!!! :) Love this girl!



The baptism of Joel Sancán









Hey everyone,                                                            February 9

Well this week has been an interesting one haha. But it has been fun. I seriously love being here in Guayaquil and I love being here with Hermana Butler.
This last week was the baptism of Joel Sancán. It was a really great baptism. Honestly is was kind of a stressful week. But to be in this baptism was something amazing. It was the first baptism of my companion. Wow it just blows my mind away how fast passes the mission. Joel is really really great kid. We now just have to excited him to stay active and go on a mission :) 
But something great with that is that his whole family came to church this Sunday! That is a huge improvement. And recently we have been working with a boy who is 17 and less active and his entire family came to church on Sunday as well. I was so excited. Honestly we have seen some miracles this week. The biggest thing is getting them to commit to baptism. It has been a challenge. They are all such great people and something great about it is that they are an entire family!! They can live with each other for the eternities. What better thing in the world is there than that??? Nothing!!
Hermana Arnold and I!
I know that when we live the gospel of Jesus Christ we have the opportunity to live with our families forever. How wonderful is that? There really is no other greater gift than eternal life with your family. 
Anyway it has been a good week. I love sharing the gospel. Our biggest thing for this week is finding new people to teach. The members here are great! I just honestly love it here. 
Las misioneras de los Esteros!!!

As for coming home. Everyone and their brother has been asking me. I am not quite sure. But, what I do know is that it is coming sooner than we think. I am super appreciative of all of your prayers and concerns. Thank you all so much!
My wall above my desk :)
Love,
Hermana Pack
Joel and his family. We were only missing his dad. But it was a great baptism.











February 16
So sorry that I am writing you all so early in the morning. This weekend is a huge holiday here in Ecuador called carnival and it can get kind of dangerous for the missionaries... So we have a super strict schedule. SO yeah anyway I get the chance to write you all nice and early :)
Well Life here in Ecuador has been good this week. We have gotten to see some pretty cool stuff. But a big highlight of the week is that this last Saturday I got a call and was told that I had to sing the mission song in a meeting where Elder Godoy was there. He is in our area presidency and I was able to sing the song that we have written. It was such a cool experience. And then afterwards, he talked about how we need to use our talents in the future in front of the entire audience. It was soo cool. Anyway it was a super great experience. I feel very privileged to have gotten to write this song and be a part of the process of creating it.
Mission life has been good this week. So many crazy things but no time to write it in. But the most important thing I wanna ask you guys is that you could pray for the health of me and my companion. She has been having a rough time with her health these past days and we could really use your prayers.
Anyway, this week we aren`t given much time to work because of the holiday of Carnival. So that kind of stinks. But We will see what we can do with the time we have.
Hermana Butler and I!! :)
Mom I am super super stoked about the plans you guys have made. Hopefully everything works out.
Danielle I`ll be praying for your health I hope you get better!
And Neil thanks for thinking of me this week! I love you guys tons!
Dad I hope all this stuff with coming home isn`t stressing you out haha but I sure know that the Lord has a plan and there is a reason to everything.
Love you all,
Hermana Pack
Hermana De La Torre and I!
My district! Before Elder Alvarez goes home this week. E. Ramos, E. Hoovey, E. Alvarez, E. Martìnez, Hermana Butler and I!

This girl is always eating mangos...... Seriously I think she is an addict. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment