Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Monday, October 13, 2014

Man are we so LUCKY!





A turtle hahaha! the member just had their pet turtle roaming their house like a pet cat or something haha! it killed me!
 Hey!                                                                                        Oct. 6
What an amazing weekend we all were able to have no? Conference was great. The last session this Sunday really just had an amazing impact on me. I just am grateful that we have a living prophet and apostles. We are so blessed. I really felt that the theme of the conference  was the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Man are we so LUCKY!
A parrot that kept repeating " Que rico!" hahaha it was so cute!!
Right now I am in Boyaca with Hermana Arellano still in Machala and I love being with her! She is great! She is from Chile. She is my first companion from Chile and she is always cracking me up. She knows a ton of English hahaha and her accent kills me. She goes home in this next transfer! I would love to be her last companion here in the mission but I am not sure if I will get to have the opportunity to do so!
This last week I was able to do exchanges with the other hermanas of my zone with Hermana Garcia and it was really fun. I got to see Guabo which is a little city outside of Machala and it was a really great experience. While I was out there we were able to teach a family whose father was less active and it was really cool to feel the spirit pour out throughout the lesson. The spirit was so strong. It strengthened my testimony of the small things like family prayer and family home evening.

 The Women's Conference here in Machala, with some of the people I taught while I was in Lilian Maria that got baptized after I got transferred. It was bitter sweet to see them:)
This weekend I was able to see a lot of my converts in Lilian Maria and in Aurora here in Machala for the conference and it was such a great blessing. I am so grateful to be here. I love the mission so much. It amazes me how many people we have had influences on and often times we don`t even know how much of an influence we are. I just love how great God is. 
He has such a huge plan for all of us. He knows what we need and exactly what we are going through. I hope all of us are able to understand this. Often times we have no idea what the plan is. and Sometimes we never will know what he has instore but we can never forget that He is in everything. 
I am so grateful for my time here in Ecuador and it is crazy to think that this was my last conference here in Ecuador totally in Spanish. It made me cry to think about it while I was sitting in the stake center in Machala.  I just love it here so much. Thank you so much for your prayers and sorry for those whom I haven`t written individually! I promise next week! And please forgive me!
Love,
Hermana Pack
The baptism of Livia Soto hahaha this girl just cracks me up!
With Elder Moya and Elder Baird and Hermana Herrera in Guyaquil for consejo.




Hey,                                                               Oct. 13
How has everything been??
This week has been an adventure with my companion! I love being with Hermana Arellano! She is great. haha. But this week has been good one. We apparently haven´t paid our light bill in three months so we have been without light for three days so that has been fun. We have been living with the other girls in Aurora for three days. haha But today we went back to our house to clean it and our fridge and freezer had unthawed and well that was great.... Our house was flooded...... Awesome..... so it has been a day of cleaning hahaha but we also went out and explored our sector today and we found some sweet stuff it was soo cool!! We found an adorable dress for my companion for when she gets home. Which is in a couple of weeks. I can`t believe how fast the mission blows by..... AHHH. haha.
My lunch in Guabo when I went on exchanges with Hermana Garcia to get to know her sector this last week!
So this week has really been crazy. It has been centered on the plan God has for us the Plan of Salvation. God really does have an amazing plan for all of us.  Because death isn`t something sad. Because God has made a plan and a pathway in which we will be able to see all of those who die. It is amazing. I have done a lot of research about life after death this week. Because we have an investigator who has been really interested and it has been really cool researching this topic. Because you know what?? EVERYTHING depends on what we do here on this earth. So we die and then we go to the spirit world. But there are two places of waiting. (Sorry I am not really good with all of the words for explaining this in English) Paradise and Spirit Prison. And those who accept Christ and have faith in him repent, and are baptized then receive the Holy Ghost and endure to the end of this life are in Paradise but those who don`t complete these steps are in prison. The Book of Mormon explains this perfect in Alma 40. I would love it if you guys could read this as a family. It really has been interesting to me as well as 2 Nephi 9. But really the interesting thing for me was when I got into it much deeper. When I researched D&C138, Mom and Dad I would love it if you guys could study this together, anyway I just don`t have the time to explain it all. But man! my mind has been blown. 1 Peter 4:6 also talks about the ministry of Christ when he died and went to the spirit world. So much yet to learn and how so many are waiting for the second coming of Christ and the resurrection. It is going to be so amazing. I just can`t wait!!
Anyway I love you all tons!
I hope you have a good week!
This week is the baptism of Clarita España! I would love it if you guys could pray for her! She has been kinda sick this week!
Love you!
Hermana Pack
Hahaha Life of transfers with Hermana Arellano!

Weekly planning..... How much I get tired of weekly planning.



Hermana Arellano :)




With the Elders that are in our ward with us in Boyacà  Elder Espinoza Elder Bichsel and Hermana Arellano

P day comida yummm tacos hahah

Best lunch without rice. Heck yes!





Dad!!
I hope you have the most amazing Birthday TODAY!!!!!! YAY!! I just want you to know you are the best dad in the entire world and there is no other person who has inspired me as you have. Thank you for your example and love. I love you so much! I hope you have an amazing day. I cannot believe I am not able to talk to you or call you! But just think that next year I sure will be able to! I love you so much dad. I know that you have been such an example to me and my siblings. thank you so much for your sacrifices for me and the family. I love you!
Emily,
Your loving daughter and hard working missionary:)

No comments:

Post a Comment