Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Monday, September 8, 2014

One Year DONE!!!!!!

Hola,                                                                             Sept. 8, 2014
I hope all is well this week! My life is super great here. I am still in Machala with my companion Hermana Teban. She kills me. So funny. Super quiet but when she talks she is hysterical. 

Mom thanks for the photos! You guys looked great!

Dad I loved the info about the car. I am super excited to see it. I love that car so much. So many good memories with that car. Thanks for keeping it up for me dad. I also hope you have a good trip and fly safely. I am sure mom is excited to have you home for a bit afterwards. 

This week, I have been able to learn a lot about life. But something I have really put a lot of thought into is the act of gratitude. So this past week I have really been trying to read general conference talks from this last conference. And I only have them in Spanish so hopefully I can think of all the words in Spanish. But the talk that I was in love with is by Dieter F Uchtdorf. He talks about the act of gratitude and I absolutely love it. There are so many things to be grateful for in this world and Especially in the mission. I am so grateful to be here. I am grateful to have this true and living gospel upon the Earth. I am grateful for all of the support I have at home and I am so grateful to be here in this mission. I know that it truly is inspired for me to be here. I love this gospel so much!!
Birthday breakfast for Hermana Mann

With Hermana Mann again :) Love this girl.

This past week was the baptism of Vanessa Castro and we have been teaching her boyfriend as well and had many really deep conversations about the teachings of Christ and I can honestly say that for anyone who doubts if The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints really is the true and living Church of Christ, all you have to do it read the book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. This really is the key of our religion and can save you from any pain and sorrow you have in your life. This book brings so much happiness into 
 
a person's life.

Anyway, talk to you next week.
One year..... What.... Where did the time go.....?

Love you all tons!

Hermana Pack
 

Heyyyyyyyy,                                                                             Sept. 1, 2014
I love you all tons and this week has been super good.
I have had a great time working with Hermana Teban. I really do enjoy working with her. She is pretty fun. She is super super quiet and pretty timid. But I like working with her. She has had more time than me in the mission and it has been an adventure. This sector is really great. The members are really loving and I really appreciate it. 
Mom I started crying this week while talking with the relief society president because I told her that you wrote me saying that every time you feed the missionaries that you hope that someone is helping me or feeding me. And honestly she is like our mom here and she is so willing to help always. I told her that she was an answer to my mom`s prayer. And let me just say she started crying and then I cried. And well it was a good time. Hahaha! So I just want you to know that I constantly receive love here. The relief society president looks exactly like Aunt Tammy. It literally is a Hispanic version of Aunt Tammy. hahaha it is kinda crazy.
But I really do love being here. This week we have a baptism with a girl named Vanessa Castro, her mom got baptized this last week and she is so excited. She cannot wait. She is 18 years old and wants to serve a mission. I have loved teaching her. Her brother  is preparing for baptism. It has been so difficult teaching him. But it has really kept me up on my bible reading hahaha. 
I would love it if you guys could pray for her this week! Thanks!
I hope you all have a really happy Labor Day! Dad I loved your story. It makes me want to write in my journal more.
Love you all tons,
Hermana Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment