Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Friday, March 7, 2014

People aren`t going to ask for help, we just have to be ready to lend a hand......

Hola everyone!
We cooked flan for the first time in my life!

I cooked pantacones for lunch today. Basically, like fried bananas.
 

I just want to tell you all I love you all so much and I am so grateful for your prayers!! 
 
I don`t have much time and sorry my letters are always short. I think I must just be a slow typer hahaha. But this week I have learned so much about myself. Service really can be amazing. and following the promptings of the spirit really can make a difference in the lives of others.
So this past week we were walking towards an investigator and we felt that we needed to stop by a members house real quick before to see how they were doing. This isn`t an odd thing of my companion because she feels the promptings of the spirit much more quickly than I can. She really is an inspiration to me. She is the sister leader of our zone and I learn so many things from her every single day.
But, we stopped by the members house and we found out that the sister was alone with her 5 children because her oldest daughter was in the hospital because she had been throwing up blood and was in the hospital with her dad. So then without even asking we entered into her house and started cleaning. I love this about my companion she has taught me that people aren`t going to ask for help, we just have to be ready to lend a hand. Anyway, the sister broke down and started crying and we just cleaned away. God works in so many miracles. Her daughter now is much better and we have now built up our relationship with this sister and her family. God works in so many different ways. 
The lesson to learn from this is that God has a plan always and we just have to rely on the spirit to guide us.
I love you all and I wish you an amazing week. I love the mission with all of my heart and wouldn`t want to be anywhere else!

Love you!
 
Emily



 5 day old kittens!! AAHHHHH SO CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment