Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

VIVA MEXICO!!!!

Hola Everyone!!
This week has been amazing! Seriously amazing.


First off, I would like to say that we did commemorate 9/11 and in my district we sang every song about America that we knew haha! It was great.


This week was also Mexico´s Independence Day on Sunday. What is really cool about that is we were allowed to celebrate!! So cool! The missionaries that were actually from Mexico went CRAZY!
I wish I could send some of the crazy videos I took. President Pratt (the president of the CCM) really feels that we all should be a part of the Mexican culture while being here so he allowed us to stay out until midnight watching the address of the President of Mexico. It was super super super cool! Also, we all had to learn the Mexican national anthem. The only problem with the address was that it was in super fast Spanish. I understood none of it. But it was still really cool. On Saturday we were able to take a break from studying and watch a dance and show by some of the natives here in Mexico. It was amazing!! I loved it!!

Anyway, I have two investigators or people that I am teaching about the gospel and their names are Kaya and Luis. I love them, but sometimes I just want to shake them and tell them to listen!! They aren´t actual investigators they are teachers practicing with us but it is all so real. Kaya is amazing but just has no drive. It can be so difficult. This religion is full of commitment and unless you are willing to sacrifice you cannot come closer unto Christ! It just isn´t possible!
BY THE WAY!! I AM OFFICIALLY HALFWAY DONE WITH THE CCM!!! Crazy. That doesn´t even sound real. 6 weeks is just not enough!! I don´t feel ready at all! YIKES. This week the number one thing I have learned is how to teach by and with the Holy Spirit. Usually Hermana Dillman and I write out a good 90 percent of what we are going to teach before we go in and teach because we are both insecure about our Spanish but this week we tried to teach with only a small amount of notes and we didn´t even use them!!! It was crazy. Literally like an out of body experience. I cannot even begin to explain the amount of faith that was used and how many prayers were said. All I can say is this gospel is true! I love this gospel with all of my heart. I know this work is true. I know that the Savior lives and guides his church upon the earth still today. Prophets can receive revelation for this dispensation of time. I know that God is our Eternal Father and that he lives and loves each and every single one of us. I know that I can turn to him with any desire of my heart and he will heal me when I need it most. We should all realize and understand how close he is to us and how much he wants to see us succeed. I know this all to be true. I would not be here in Mexico doing all of this without his influence and the feelings I have felt in my life. I love you all and I am sorry that this is a rather short email but I wish you all the best!!
Adios!!
Hermana Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment