Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Saturday, September 14, 2013

I love the CCM!

 
 
Hola Everyone!!

I am so excited to write about this week!! It has been leaps and bounds better than last week. I love the CCM. It is by far the most amazing place I have ever been! There is so much love on this campus. You can just feel it all around you. Spanish is still extremely difficult, but I am now to a point that I can understand a lot of what is being said to me! My biggest problem is being able to speak the language. I get better every single day though. I know that through obedience the Lord will provide a way for me to be able to communicate with those whom I teach. I have gained a lot for my district, or the people I am in class with. We have three Elder companionship's and one other Hermana companionship. I love them all so much! It really is amazing to me how diligent a room of 18 to 20 year olds can be studying without an instructor. We are all in this together and just want to become the best we can.

The weather here in Mexico City is amazing!! I love it.
Well it would be much more amazing if I had packed some warmer clothes. It is hard though because I won't need them in Ecuador. The morning can be so cold. The one thing that has really taken some time to getting used to is that it rains here every single day. Right around 6. It will rain from then all through the night. So you can imagine that everything is extremely green here. This past week the water had gotten so high in some parts of the streets that it reached to our ankles! But I have surprisingly started to like the rain.... Weird because I used to hate it!! Another difficult thing about the CCM is that none of the maintenance workers speak English. This week our water in our house was completely out for two days. So this meant that not only could we not shower or wash our hands, we could not flush the toilets either.... All I gotta say is YUCK. But because of all the water problems we are not allowed to do laundry this week. Awesome... Hopefully I have enough clothes haha.

Oh yeah!! Mom I would like to inform you that even though you thought I was bringing way too many clothes and stuff, I am probably the person who brought the least amount of stuff. So many girls brought the most random stuff. A lot of it is really not necessary! So no worries I brought the right amount of things. But to any girls coming to the CCM in Mexico do not plan of bringing yoga pants. You are not allowed to wear them outside your house. Also you will really want a raincoat!! Sometimes an umbrella just does not do the job.
 

I have really come to love the food here. Crazy because a lot of the time I have no idea what I am eating haha. Sometimes the food I eat looks so disgusting but it ends up being something amazing. Weird. They have so much fruit here! So many new kinds that I have never tried before. My favorite is this fruit called nashi. It is like a pear and an apple! The peel is not very good but the actual fruit is amazing!!

This week has flown by so quickly compared to last week. I know this is the right place for me to be and the right things for me to be doing in my life. I am so excited to share the message of our Heavenly Father. My overall goal of the next 18 months is to become the missionary that the Lord sees and wants me to be. I can only do this by fully committing myself to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have a quote that I have received from Hermana Pratt. I know that the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. He wants to see us succeed in all our doings. I have never felt the love of God so much as when I am reading his teachings and praying to him in need of comfort. I love every moment of my life here in the CCM and I am grateful to be here! I love you all and I appreciate all of the emails! I could not do this without all of your support and prayers. Well hopefully my typing is not too bad and my spelling is not too terrible. I am not able to check over my typing because I am running out of time. One hour just never seems to be enough!

 With Love,

Hermana Pack
 

No comments:

Post a Comment