Ether 12:27


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-Ether 12:27

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"With these three things it is impossible to become inactive. :)"

Hola,
I watched the videos of show choir and all I want to do is fly to see it just for 15 minutes Haha! I miss it and you guys looked great!! And sounded good. I am sure you are amazing because you already have placed first. I will be thinking of you guys for Linn Mar. Mom and Dad have fun with that trip. Linn Mar was one of my favorites. Man I wish I could be there.
My new companion, Hermana Camacho has 15 months in the mission, so no she is most definitely training me. haha. She is from Bogota Colombia. Which apparently is super super cold. But she has been in Guyaquil for the last 5 months and she is freezing here. Like dying. I told her it is just preparing her for when she goes home in 3 months. She has two older sisters and only one is a member and her mom is a member as well. She has been a member since she was 11. She is much younger than Hermana Espíritu. She is 22 and Hermana Espíritu was 28. So quite the difference. She talks super fast but usually I can keep up. :) 
The other day we watched the news while we were eating lunch in a restaurant and it was about the United States or in Spanish Estados Unidos and it was a whole article about how people, who were living there, that are from Ecuador are returning because it is so cold. Apparently the entire United States is freezing. Don´t worry I am just here in Paradise. Haha! But really it is great here.
Something that has been really great to see in the Ward is how much we can strengthen the people who are already members. Last night we had a meeting with our ward mission leader and the missionaries of the Ward and three out of the four ward missionaries when I got here on my mission were inactive and with a couple lessons now are super active and bringing the church forward. It is great. I just wanted to cry last night. They all are such great people. I am so excited with what this new year is looking like. God really does have a plan for everyone. It is just great to see how it all plays out.
Anyway I love you all tons and I am super sorry that I am not able to write more. But I hope you all have a great week! And remember to read your scriptures, say your prayers, and attend Church. With these three things it is impossible to become inactive. :)
Love you,
Emily
PS- Guess what I got!! Your Christmas box!!

No comments:

Post a Comment